CTP seeks highly skilled Group Construction Director. This is a newly created position.
With an in-house team of project managers, designers, engineers and procurement manager, the Group Construction Director will oversee all company developments projects across the region, to be in line with approved budgets, schedules, projects plans and specifications.
The Group Construction Director also has special focus on procurement. The total construction volume of the Group is estimated to be between 250 – 300mio EUR, with focus on industrial / warehouse properties, but also office.
- Administration and execution of assigned projects in a safe, profitable and timely manner;
- Coordination with internal planning and permitting department to make sure approvals / permits for land and project developments are received on time;
- Coordination of designers (in-house as well as external) to deliver project / tender documentation on time and complete.
- Establishes and maintains professional working relationships with architects, engineers, subcontractors / suppliers;
- Oversees bidding and budget preparation – in close cooperation with Procurement Manager; costs spending monitoring
- Managing procurement processes; ensures that the company obtains quality products for competitive prices;
- Monitors business trends and products availability; identifies and researches potential new suppliers
- Approves appointment of suppliers
- For new locations – fully responsible for preparation of pre-development studies and budgets; reviews results of due diligence carried; all to consider whether project is worth to develop / land worth to purchase;
- Participates in negotiations with clients, where necessary
- Ensures the project runs according to schedule and budgets
- Reporting and business planning
- Minimum qualification includes civil engineer / construction management or procurement background degree and minimum 5 years of relevant experience, including leadership and supervisory roles
- Focussed, and able to manage large portfolio of projects with strict adherence to budgets and deadlines, in a fast-paced environment
- Additional relevant technical skills; data analyst, math skills, good negotiator, management skills – team player, mentor
- Perfect written and spoken English; excellent communication skills