The Procurement Manager will be part of the newly formed Group Construction, Design & Procurement department, which is there to oversee all company development projects across the region, to be in line with approved budgets, schedules, project plans and specifications.
The purpose of the job
International sourcing of existing and new standardized construction commodities to facilitate project teams with commodity options at best price and best supplier arrangements. Drives economies of scale, skills and standards and develops world class supplier portfolio that supports CTP in its growth strategy. Support project teams in order to ensure that projects can be executed in cost optimal fashion.
The Procurement Manager will report to the Group Head of Construction, Design & Procurement.
- Create & select supplier sourcing strategy per commodity category and prioritize impact of procurement efforts.
- Managing procurement processes; ensures that the company obtains quality products for competitive prices;
- Drafts all required tender documents and organizes complete tendering process for the international sourcing of standardized commodities for the use in individual projects.
- Negotiates commercial deals with selected (international) suppliers, leveraging the size of the company, tools and & processes to ensure maximum results
- Monitors business trends and products availability; identifies and researches potential new suppliers and new technical solutions and commodities which will contribute to the further cost optimization of design.
- Works closely together with the Group Design and Engineering Expert to design new technical solutions.
- Drafts international supplier contracts, in close cooperation with CTP’s Legal Department and leads the contracting phase to close all commercial deals. Reports on contracts due for renewal / renegotiation and/or exiting the supplier.
- Establishes and maintains professional working relationships with contractors and suppliers.
- Maintains close relationship with internal project teams to support them with country / project tenders for the sourcing of local contractors and suppliers and monitors internal compliance with tendering processes to ensure best competitive prices for CTP.
- Supports bidding, budget preparations and cost spending monitoring and is able to provide cost ratios and market data to improve cost data accuracy.
- Responsible to roll out new international contracts to the country / project teams. Inform all teams of contract supplier agreements, expectations from suppliers, responsibility and required actions by CTP project teams.
Professional and personal competences:
- Minimum qualification includes master degree in procurement, construction management, commercial degrees, affinity to construction and project development and minimum 5-8 years of relevant experience.
- Focused and able to manage large international tenders, in a fast-paced environment
- Is very organized, is able to structure activities and projects, sticks to agreements within deadlines and according to guidelines.
- Additional relevant technical skills; data analyst, math skills, team player
- Perfect written and spoken English; excellent communication skills
- Looking for hard-working, hands-on person; trouble shooter; innovator
Start possible immediately or a.s.a.p.
Based in Amsterdam
Will be required to travel frequently to the regions CTP is active in, including CEE