- Participating in formulating the company’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop procurement strategies and evaluate consequences
- Manage the procurement processes
- Monitor technological or economic changes that will impact the business, communicate to Group and offer solutions
Purchases goods or services for the Employer to use or sell. Ensures Employer obtains quality products for competitive prices in a timely fashion. Plays an integral role in ensuring a company sticks to budgets and operates profitability.
- Participates in key decisions as a member of the executive management team – key relationships with Construction, IT, Finance and Property Management teams
- Liaises with key company employees to determine their products and service needs
- Monitors business trends and product availability to pay the best price for company goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times
- Nurtures relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices
- Minimum qualification includes civil engineer / construction management or procurement background degree and minimum 5 years of relevant experience, including leadership and supervisory roles
- Focussed, and able to manage large portfolio of projects with strict adherence to budgets and deadlines, in a fast-paced environment
- Additional relevant technical skills; data analyst, math skills, good negotiator
- Strong management skills – team player, mentor
- Perfect written and spoken English; excellent communication skills
- Looking for hard-working, hands-on person; trouble shooter; innovator
The construction team counts around 100 people.
The Group Head of Procurement reports to CEO.